Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Writing Experiences and Goals

Journal#1

Writing has always been a part of my life since I was a little girl, but I'll honestly say that I am not the best writer. Experiences that I have had with writing is that I had learned all about literary devices such as hyperbole, idiom, personification, and etc. The negatives is that my grammer is HORRIBLE! And my vocabulary isn't at a high level. I need to learn how to express myself inside my writing, make sure that the reader knows that I'm very interested in what I'm talking about.

Goals for this year is to learn morea about the six traits and increase in my vocabulary.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex,

    Glad to hear that writing has been a part of your life…and that you’d like to improve by learning more about the 6 trait writing process. And I honestly think that your motivation to be a better writer will help you to improve!

    Here are my comments on your writing pre-assessment: You provide some good specific details, especially about your reactions when you went online and found your friend attempting to cyber bully you. To strengthen this piece, you’d need to select the parts this situation and focus on adding detail to them. For example, you might start with your seeing the comments online and your reaction, then describe that first awkward day after it happened. It would probably help to include more description of Gezley, as well as some dialogue. Those are the types of details that help to “show, not tell” your story.

    For your idea bank…you’ve got a lot of emotions listed…it would enrich your idea bank if you also had other details (remember the various questions that I listed?)

    mrs s

    ReplyDelete