Thursday, January 27, 2011

Allusion Poem - Final

As a young girl,
I grew up spending my days with my father.
Growing up to be as good as the boys.
Independent and strong,
I fight.
I defend.
I try to make things right for the ones I love.

Quiet and rebellious.
My looks are deceiving,
For you do not know what I'm capable of.
And through all the hardships,
The pain,
And the suffering,
I still remain to be the beautiful girl,
Who's best known for her courage.

1 comment:

  1. a) I had a very difficult time choosing my mythological allusion. I couldn't find any roman or greek goddesses that was "me". Then I looked into disney princesses and figured that Mulan was the best character which was like me. She grew up to be like the boys and had a lot of love for her family, especially her father. As for me, when I was young I was such a big tom-boy and I love looking up to my dad. We pretty much did everything together when I was young and he taught me a lot of things.

    b) I just pretty much just used like narrative poetry with a bit of rhyming.

    c) At first I didn't know how to start off my graphic. So I went on google images and searched up "Mulan". I then seen a picture of the cover of Mulan then decided I could possibly make my graphic look like that. So since the cover had like pink flowers, I chose cherry blossoms to be my background since I just LOVE cherry blossoms. Then I added a picture of myself and added 3 words that describes me and compares me to Mulan. I used the clone stamp, drop shadowing, and stroking an image.

    d) By the responses I got from my peers, it could help me to understand and appreciate myself and my world a little better by knowing that people see each other and judge them quickly. But little do they know, they don't know the real them. It may take a very long time to even know or figure out a person.

    ReplyDelete