Tuesday, September 21, 2010

College Essay Draft

Though I have always thought of myself as a quiet person who loved dancing and enjoyed math. But according to my family and friends, they say I am a funny, smart, athletic, and dedicated person. I see how they say I'm funny because, I'm always the one who cracks jokes and loves to see people smiling. I always seem to act like a total fool but I never care about what people think. Another thing about me is that I just enjoy math. Some may think math is such a drag, but for me? That subject is what I do really well in.  I always look forward to doing math work and helping my peers out when they have questions. It makes me feel good inside to know what I'm talking about and teaching it to someone else.

When I was child, dancing was my life. And it still is. People said I was just born to dance. Dancing is my one and only passion. I've danced a variety of dances. I've danced, Hip-Hop, which is what I dance best, Jazz, Contemporary, and Breakdancing. I have always dreamed of dancing 'till I get older. But what I didn't imagine I would be was being a cheerleader! As I entered high school, I wanted to be more involved. I thought about joining the volleyball team since volleyball was my favorite sport, but I felt like I wasn't good enough so I was just about to give up until my sister suggested I join cheerleading. At first I thought, why cheerleading? But I just went for the heck of it. Turns out, cheerleading was harder than I thought and I loved it! My sophomore year, I made it on the Varsity team. This is where the "dedicated person" comes in. In cheerleading, I've worked so hard for my spot and I am always so hard on myself. Whenever I don't get anything right, I always feel like I've failed myself. Thus, I work even harder. Another sport that I have joined was paddling. I'm assuming that's why my peers say I'm athletic. Paddling isn't such an easy sport. You need endurance, good timing, strength and commitment. Just like cheerleading.

I may not know exactly what I want to do in life just yet, but that's why I'm going to college. I'm about to enter the real world and there's no looking back. New me, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment